วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 19 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2553

Back to School List For a Fit College Student

With only a few more weeks of summer freedom, it's time to start preparing to head back to school. This list will have you ready for your most healthy and fit year of college yet!

Workout Program
It is so important to have a workout that you love to do. If you don't love it, you won't do it! I believe the best workouts for college students are those that can be done in a dorm room or apartment. It doesn't get any more convenient than that! All of the Beachbody workout programs can be done in a small space and I would highly recommend trying the one that fits your fitness goals. If you are looking to build muscle and lose weight, P90X is for you. If you are more interested in great cardio, I would suggest Insanity, Turbo Jam or TurboFire. I am personally completely addicted to TurboFire. The music is awesome and keeps me coming back for more every morning. There is no better way to start your day!

Resistance Bands
Resistance bands are the perfect fitness accessory for any college student. They are small, lightweight and inexpensive. Resistance bands allow you to tone your body without taking up the space that a full set of weights would. I recommend using the resistance bands in conjunction with a DVD home workout specifically designed for the bands. My favorites are the Turbo Jam 3T workout and the new TurboFire Tone 30 or Sculpt 30.

New Athletic Shoes
It is important to have shoes that not only provide structure and support but also reduce stress and impact on the feet to prevent injury. Determine what type of exercise you will primarily be using the shoes for and make a visit to the shoe store. Be prepared to try on as many pairs of shoes as it takes to find the pair that fits best. Your feet, legs and back will thank you!

Water Bottle
Drinking water is essential for good health. Your body is estimated to be made up of 60 to 70 percent water and needs it to regulate all major bodily functions. How much water do you need to drink daily? Take your body weight and divide it in half. That gives you the amount of water in ounces that you need to be drinking each day. For example, if you weigh 140 pounds, you should be drinking 70 ounces of water. Also, don't forget to add another eight ounces for every 20 minutes you are active. It can be difficult to drink all of this water, especially when you are busy going to classes, studying and doing homework. This is why I recommend purchasing a large water bottle. I fill up my bottle with ice water in the morning and take it with me to all my classes. You would be surprised at how easy it is to get your recommended daily intake of water when you have it with you everywhere you go.

Shakeology
Shakeology is a meal replacement drink that helps you increase energy, become more regular, lower cholesterol, lose weight, detoxify your body and feel great. It is packed with super nutritious, whole food ingredients that deliver the essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids that your body needs to curb cravings, accelerating your body's ability to shed stored fat. If that wasn't enough, Shakeology also includes more than 20 different antioxidants and phytonutrients which help reduce free radical damage that leads to heart disease, high blood pressure, heart attacks and strokes. This is the perfect option for an early morning breakfast before your 8 AM class or quick lunch between classes. It gives you all the energy you need to get through the day without feeling hungry between meals. To get more information, please visit my website.

Vitamins
Finally, if you don't drink Shakeology, I would recommend taking a multivitamin. It's hard to get all the recommended nutrients your body needs on a college diet and this can help fill the wholes. Getting sick during a college semester can result in you falling behind in classes and becoming completely overwhelmed and stressed with school.

I hope this list helps you prepare for a great school year - Good Luck!




My name is Ellie Handel and I am both a dental student at Marquette University and an Independent Team Beachbody Coach. I have learned that incorporating fitness into even the busiest schedule is essential for overall good health. There is no better stress reliever than a great workout! I love motivating others to achieve all their fitness goals. If you would like to improve your physical fitness and become a healthier person, send me an email at ellie.handel@gmail.com or visit my website at http://www.exercise-for-life.com. I would love to help you every step of the way. If you are interested in becoming a Beachbody Coach like me and make extra money while getting fit just check out my website or send me an email. I can give you more information about this great opportunity. Hope to hear from you!

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น